The lettings industry is highly adaptable, which has been proven many times in recent years. The industry has faced many challenges, but it continues to move forward, often utilising technology to ensure landlords and tenants receive the support they need.
There is no denying the COVID-19 pandemic poses a fresh challenge for the letting industry and one which is likely to persist for some time. With health and safety paramount to everything we do right now, there will be many short-term measures introduced to the industry.
However, some of these measures should be considered as being useful in the long-term, with virtual tours being a perfect example. Don’t forget the Government has advised all agents to carry out virtual viewings before an in-person viewing.
Virtual tours are in high demand right now
Danny Zane is the chair for The Association of the Independent Inventory Clerks (AIIC), and he spoke about the demand for virtual tours in the lettings and property market of late.
Danny said; “We have seen a demand for virtual viewings/tours from lettings agents and estate agents in recent weeks. This is clearly due to the current Covid-19 situation. Before this pandemic inventory clerks were not often compiling tours of properties via video for prospective tenants or house buyers. Agents are also not used to using this method for viewings either and preferred good old-fashioned viewings on-site together.”
Danny continued by saying; “Finding virtual and video ways to carry out viewings is clearly a great solution for those that need to move at this time and to help ease the stagnant housing market.”
Virtual tours should be part of the long-term approach for the industry
Excluding matters related to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are more than enough valid reasons for landlords to introduce virtual tours into their property listing. Some of the most pertinent reasons landlords should utilise virtual tours include:
- Virtual tours make it easy for prospective tenants to view the property on multiple occasions or consider certain aspects
- It allows tenants the chance to get a second opinion from someone they trust
- It allows your rental property to be viewed by a larger audience, and from more locations
- Virtual tours reduce the number of wasted viewings
- Virtual tours increase the rental intent from physical viewings
- From a business viewpoint for agents, virtual tours are ideal for lead generation, which aids landlords in the longer-term
- Virtual content is more likely to be shared on social media
- Virtual content is critical for SEO, which helps agents but can also help landlords reach more prospective tenants
- Virtual tours shows you are an innovator, which many tenants wish to see
- Virtual tours can also be incorporated into inspections and check-ups
If you aren’t already using virtual tours, you should be, and we can help.
Stones Residential prides itself on offering the best standard of service local landlords, and we work hard to manage your property effectively. If you would like to arrange an appointment or get more details on how we can help you sell your home, contact us today online or by calling us on 020 8954 0045.